When buying a ring, it’s important to know the right size. Lane Mitchell Jewelers offers you a guide that can help you get an accurate sizing. On average, women have a ring size that ranges from size 3 to size 9 while for men, it commonly ranges from size 6 to 13. We also offer you some tips on how you can measure your ring size.
A variety of stone rings in different shapes and ring sizes
Getting the right size can be done through measurements using materials such as a string, ruler, and paper. Below are some tips on how you can do this:
Measuring ring size with a string or paper:
- Get a piece of string or paper. You can also use a piece of ribbon or a thread.
- Wrap it around the finger that you want to get the size of, and measure the part closest to the knuckle.
- Use a pen to mark the part of the string or paper that overlaps its end.
- Measure the length in millimeters with a ruler.
- Using a ring size chart, pick the closest measurement.
Measure your ring size using a ring that you wear:
- Measure the inside diameter of the ring that you wear in millimeters using a ruler or a tape measure. Make sure that the ring that you are using has a comfortable fit on your finger.
Other tips for measuring the ring size:
- In cases that your knuckle is bigger than the base of your finger, measure both the base and the knuckle and choose the size that falls in between the two parts.
- When measuring your ring size, it is a good idea if you do it during the end of the day as your fingers will be warm. The sizes of fingers vary based on the temperature and the time of the day. Digits tend to be smaller in the early morning and when the weather is cold. Take note as well that the dominant hand commonly has larger fingers.
Are There Rings that Can’t Be Resized?
Yes, there are rings that can’t be resized and that is because of their design and the metals used. Some examples of rings that can’t be resized are:
- Eternity rings with diamonds or gemstones that contain a particular number of stones, depending on the size of the finger.
Eternity rings with gemstones
- Ornate rings with unique design patterns.
- Milgrain rings with metal bead borders also vary on the finger size.
Where Can You Get a Right Ring Sizing in Colorado Springs?
Lane Mitchell Jewelers offers a number of jewelry-related services which include helping you get the right ring sizing in Colorado Springs. Dedicated and keen on giving quality services to our customers, we will gladly assist you on your journey in getting the ring of your desire that would best fit you. You may visit us or contact us for any questions and inquiries.
A locally owned and operated business with years of combined experiences from jewelers and designers, Lane Mitchell Jewelers is one of the most renowned companies in Colorado Springs. Visit our website to know more about us and all the services we offer. You may also visit our online store where we offer you a wide of variety of jewelry pieces and designs.