Any kind of jewelry–gold, silver, or pearl–will require proper care and maintenance. Even if the material used is high quality and authentic, you need to invest in cleaning them to maintain their beauty and sparkle. This is especially true with native American jewelry in Colorado Springs or those that have been handed down for many generations. The good news is that there is a way to restore their shine and sparkle so they can look new again.
How to Restore Old Jewelry
Tips to restore shine and sparkle on old jewelry (Image Source: Pexels)
Do you have an old piece of jewelry in Colorado Springs that you want repaired and restored? You have come to the right place! This is how you can clean your jewelry to make them look shiny and new again:
- Clean your jewelry with a soap and water solution. This is the most basic step to cleaning your old jewelry and it is a surefire way to get rid of dirt and grime that have accumulated over time. Use warm water and then apply a substantial amount of dishwashing liquid or mild detergent. Once you have mixed the water with the cleaning formula, soak the jewelry into that solution. Leave it there for at least 15 minutes before wiping it clean.
- If there are any stubborn dirt or grime, use a toothbrush with soft bristles to scrub your jewelry. Use a soft cloth to dry the jewelry pieces and you will instantly notice that the shine is restored. Never ever use a brush with hard bristles because it can be too rough. This is true when you are cleaning gold jewelry. Gold is a soft metal and it can get scratched quite easily. It is important to understand the type of material of your jewelry so you can use the correct cleaning procedure.
- Do not soak your jewelry in the cleaning solution for more than the recommended time frame. If you do this, the cleaning agents can affect your jewelry. Any remnants of the cleaning formula can lead to damage on your jewelry, especially if they are not removed completely.
- Use a cleaning tool. There are steam or ionic cleaners that are available out there designed specifically for cleaning jewelry. Make use of them to make your job easier.
- Bring it to a professional jewelry cleaner. When all else fails, bring your jewelry to a professional. They have the specialized tools and knowledge on how to properly clean certain types of jewelry.
Where to Find Native American Jewelry in Colorado Springs
Tips for restoring native American jewelry (Image Source: Wikipedia)
Native American jewelry in Colorado Springs are hard to come by. But when you visit our showroom, we are sure you will be impressed with our rich collection of rare pieces. It is no wonder why Lane Mitchell Jewelers is the number one choice for jewelry buyers in Colorado Springs. You can check out what Native American jewelry pieces are available in-store here. You can also visit our showroom so you can inspect the jewelry in person.
We offer a wide range of services, too—not just a selection of jewelry to buy. If you want to repair and restore your old jewelry so they can look sparkly and shiny again, visit here. For all your other jewelry needs in Colorado Springs, give us a call at (719) 632-1170.